You will need:
2 organic english cucumbers
1 1/2 cups of apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups of filtered water
1.5 tbsp sea salt
1 tsp chili flakes
2 garlics cloves, sliced
4-6 sprigs of fresh dill
1. Slice cucumbers thinly using a mandolin. Set aside.
2. If using two 350ml jars, divide sliced garlic, chili flakes & dill between the two. If using one large 750 ml jar, place all ingredients in jar.
3.Combine water, vinegar, and salt in a pot and bring to a boil.
4. Pack the pickles into the jar. Leave about 1 inch of room.
5. Once the brine has boiled and the salt has dissolved, pour over the jars, making sure to cover the cucumbers completely.
6. Let it cool to room temperature, cover with a lid and place in the fridge for at least 2 days to infuse the flavour.
Note: You can add more or less herbs and spices depending how you like your pickles. There's no wrong way, so get creative!